Announcing the new universal SITU app for iOS!
After launching the SITU iPhone app last year, we’re happy to announce further work on the new streamlined app is complete and the latest version of the app now brings universal support. That’s right, now the iPad gets all the same features of the brand new SITU app for iPhone–and a bit more!
This new version (v2.1) of the app replaces the old dedicated iPad app, which has now been discontinued and is no longer supported.
The new universal app for iPhone and iPad features a streamlined interface, custom foods, a U.K. and U.S. food database, and more. The iPad also includes multiple user support because we know some families use a single iPad for everyone in the house. Now every family member using the same iPad can have a separate user account in the app to make sure they are only tracking the foods they eat–and not everyone else’s.
The app on iPad also supports Gravatar, so you can add a custom avatar image to your user account. You’ll need to enter your email address for this feature; your email is required for Gravatar use and is sent to Gravatar on your behalf. SITU will not store your email on our servers or use it for anything else than sending it to Gravatar to enable your custom avatar. Find out more at: http://www.gravatar.com
Other key features include:
- Massive U.S. and a brand new U.K. database of fresh and packaged foods–including fast foods!
- Select foods using the app’s new, powerful search feature.
- Calculates the calories and 43 other vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Set your personal daily target goal for each individual nutrient.
- Add your own Custom Foods to SITU’s database!
- Add ingredients together and save them as a dish using the My Dishes feature! This saves you have having to reweigh individual ingredients each time you make a dish! Next time just put a portion of your dish on SITU to see its nutrition content.
- Full integration with iOS’s Health app and HealthKit (iPhone-only)
- View calendar entries of your nutrition history.
- The U.S. SITU nutrition database is derived from the USDA SR25. The U.K. nutrition database is provided by Public Health England (PHE) and taken from the “Composition of foods integrated dataset (CoFID)”.
A New User Interface
The all-new universal app for SITU Scale features a completely new user interface. Here’s how the new SITU Scale iPhone app is laid out:
The entire app is designed with search and tap simplicity, making SITU as user-friendly as possible. Simply do a text search for the food you are weighing and then tap it to add it to the current plate. Like magic, the nutritional content of the food you’ve placed on SITU appears onscreen. SITU allows you to track entire meals–not just individual food items. See what’s in multi-layered sandwiches, pasta dishes, or that homemade soup. Plus create multiple user accounts on the iPad version of the app and set your own custom Gravatar image for your account!
Quickly navigate through every category of food and the foods they contain–included foods and categories from the built-in U.S. and U.K. nutrition databases, or foods you manually add on your own!
Track your complete nutrition intake over time!
Use government recommended daily allowances or customize each and every individual nutrient’s intake–like minimum and maximum daily calories, fats, and Omega-3’s–to reach your own health goals. Manage your custom dishes and foods, or choose regional databases and weight units.
How To Get The New Universal App
The SITU Scale app is available as a free download from Apple’s App Store. It requires an iPhone 4S or higher or an iPad (third-generation) or higher running iOS 9 or later as well as the SITU Scale hardware to work. Order your SITU Scale now!