The SITU Scale iPhone App Is Here!
We are very excited to announce the release of the SITU Scale app for iPhone! SITU Scale users have been clamoring for iPhone support since SITU’s launch–and it’s finally hear! The iPhone app features a completely new user interface, refined and powerful search functionality, and a built-in food database of both U.S. and U.K. foods!
Other key features include:
- Massive U.S. and a brand new U.K. database of fresh and packaged foods–including fast foods!
- Select foods using the app’s new, powerful search feature.
- Calculates the calories and 43 other vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Set your personal daily target goal for each individual nutrient.
- Add your own Custom Foods to SITU’s database!
- Add ingredients together and save them as a dish using the My Dishes feature! This saves you have having to reweigh individual ingredients each time you make a dish! Next time just put a portion of your dish on SITU to see its nutrition content.
- Full integration with iOS’s Health app and HealthKit.
- View calendar entries of your nutrition history.
- The U.S. SITU nutrition database is derived from the USDA SR25, the most accurate and respected nutrition database out there. The U.K. nutrition database is provided by Public Health England (PHE) and taken from the “Composition of foods integrated dataset (CoFID)”.
A New User Interface
The all-new iPhone app for SITU Scale features a completely new user interface compared to the iPad app (the iPad app will be getting the same update in the months ahead, but for now it remains unchanged). Here’s how the new SITU Scale iPhone app is laid out:
The entire app is designed with search and tap simplicity, making SITU as user friendly as possible. Simply do a text search for the food you are weighing and then tap it to add it to the current plate. Like magic, the nutritional content of the food you’ve placed on SITU appears onscreen. SITU allows you to track entire meals–not just individual food items. See what’s in multi-layered sandwiches, pasta dishes, or that homemade soup.
Quickly navigate through every category of food and the foods they contain–included foods and categories from the built-in U.S. and U.K. nutrition databases, or foods you manually add on your own!
Track your complete nutrition intake over! All nutrition data saved in the SITU iPhone app is also available in the Health app in iOS 9 and above.
Use government recommended daily allowances or customize each and every individual nutrient’s intake–like minimum and maximum daily calories, fats, and Omega-3’s–to reach your own health goals. Manage your custom dishes and foods, or choose regional databases and weight units.
How To Get The New iPhone App
The SITU Scale iPhone app is available as a free download from Apple’s App Store. It requires an iPhone 4S or higher running iOS 9 or later as well as the SITU Scale hardware to work. Order your SITU Scale now!
Keep in mind the SITU Scale iPad app is still available as a separate free download. It will be merged with the iPhone app in the future as we transition the new user interface and features from the iPhone app to the iPad app.