Introducing My Dishes and Portions for SITU Scale!
Introducing My Dishes and Portions!
We are very, very excited to announce a a major new update to the SITU Scale app–the addition of MY DISHES and PORTIONS!
My Dishes allows you to weigh the ingredients for a food dish you are cooking once, then save those ingredients as a combined dish so you don’t need to reweigh all the individual ingredients each time you make the dish. You can then used a saved My Dish to portion out just the amount you eat!
For example, say you are cooking your mom’s home made lasagna recipe. The first time you make it, in order to get its nutrition content, you’ll need to weigh all the individual ingredients on SITU as normal. However, after you’ve weighed all the ingredients, you can now save all of those ingredients as a dish – “Mom’s Lasagna”.
Once you’ve saved the ingredients as a dish, in the future you simply can make the lasagna and then scoop a piece of it onto SITU to get that portion’s nutrition content – no need to weigh all the individual ingredients each time!
To create a custom dish weigh a dish’s ingredients as normal and add each one to the Current Plate screen. Tap the new “Save as Dish” button on that screen and all those ingredients will be saved as a new dish! It’s that simple! Once a dish is saved as a My Dish, simply access is from the My Dishes category on the shelf to weigh only a portion of that dish!
A few more notes about My Dishes:
- Your dishes are saved to a brand new category on SITU’s shelf on the Scale screen called “My Dishes”.
- To weigh a saved dish, simply select and drag the Dish’s icon from inside the My Dishes category to the scale – just like you weigh a normal individual food item.
- My Dishes is a great feature for weighing different portions of the same dish!
- My Dishes aren’t tied to one specific user, so if dad creates a My Dish in his SITU app account, other members of the family can access his My Dish from their SITU app accounts (so they can weigh a portion of the dish themselves without having to recreate the custom dish in their user account).
- To get access to My Dishes and Portions, simply check for the new app update (SITU Scale version 1.5) in the App Store updates section on your iPad.
And coming soon – Custom Foods!
My Dishes has been much-requested feature from users and we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to get it just right! We’re also super excited to announce that coming in December we’ll be releasing the next major update to the SITU Scale app which will introduce CUSTOM FOODS! That’s right: we’re giving you the ability to add any custom food you want to SITU’s database!